Homeschool Guide for Online Piano Lessons
Download this Free Guide for Getting Started!
In your home, on your schedule.
The proven way for homeschool students to learn piano online.
Why Hoffman Academy?
- Kids play their very first song in their first piano lesson and then progress to developing a complete musical education with Mr. Hoffman.
- Rooted in early child development and learning theory, the Hoffman Method teaches children to play piano and to comprehend music.
- Its multi-sensory approach engages their natural curiosity and creativity while providing a high level of musical proficiency.
- Most recommended by parents as the best way for kids to learn piano online!
Ready to learn more? Download the free guide using the form above to access tips for incorporating online piano lessons into your homeschool curriculum along with Lesson 1 materials.
What Are The Benefits of Online Piano Lessons?
Students not only learn to read music and play songs, they learn to play by ear, improvise, compose, transpose, and understand music theory. The Hoffman Academy curriculum makes it easy to use and learn for kids with or without prior experience in music. Online lessons provide:
- Over 300 video lessons (and counting!) accessible on any smart device.
- Learn at home, on your schedule.
- Guided practice plans.
- A library of downloadable learning materials.
- Reinforce basic skills with fun online games.
- Track your piano learning progress.
- A fraction of the cost of private music lessons.
"The boys are loving their time at the piano! Mr. Hoffman is an awesome addition to our school morning. After having completed the first seven lessons I saw the need for your additional curriculum. Thank you so much for offering my guys such quality teaching!"
Grace, Homeschool Parent
What Is The Best Age To Begin Piano Lessons?
Parents who give their children the gift of a musical education start them out on a path that will enrich their lives in so many ways. Studying music develops discipline, hand-eye coordination, intelligence, and creates a skill that can bring happiness to both the performer and to listeners.
Here at Hoffman Academy, we recommend ages 5-8 as the perfect time to start instrumental lessons. At this age, children have the development to handle structured, formal educational settings. They’ve also acquired more fine motor skills, such as the ability to move fingers independently. However, it’s perfectly possible to start playing an instrument earlier.
How Long Will It Take To Learn The Piano?
The amount of time it takes to learn to play the piano depends on what level of playing you want to achieve. A person with no experience can learn to play the melody of a short song in minutes.
On the other hand, let’s say you want to become a world-class classical pianist, and perform crazy-advanced pieces like Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto #3. If you want to be a professional classical performer, you’re looking at a minimum of 10 to 15 years of concentrated study with a master teacher, and hours of practice every day.
Most people who want to play for their own enjoyment can get great results within three to five years of study and practice.
What’s the Cost?
Our entire library of 300+ video lessons and popular songs are available for free, always. Our mission is to make music accessible to as many kids as possible around the world. This is one way in which we can fulfill that mission. In addition to a free account, we do have a Premium level of membership which provides access to practice materials and games. Premium memberships enable us to continue to make new content accessible to everyone.
"I am a huge fan of Mr. Hoffman’s method. I love that my kids are learning to play by ear, sight read, improvise, and more! And I love the guided practice sessions!"