Printables & Audio for Unit 3 (Lessons 41-60) will build upon the foundation laid in Unit 2 to help students solidify their developing music reading skills and knowledge of music theory. All 32 pages of worksheets, sheet music, and practice instructions were designed by Joseph Hoffman to reinforce, expand, and deepen the learning in each video lesson.
The Listening Album is another important part of the learning process, and is something that Mr. Hoffman asks his students to listen to every day. This album features fun and beautiful settings of all the songs students will learn at Hoffman Academy. By listening often to this album, students become thoroughly familiar with the music, enabling the lessons to progress at a faster, more confident pace.
The Practice Album features fun accompaniment tracks to play along with as you practice. A great way to develop rhythmic ability, while also learning to improvise! With styles ranging from rock to jazz to reggae to folk, these accompaniments will make each practice session a fulfilling musical experience.
The Parent’s Guide will provide you with instructions for making piano practice time effective and successful. Excellent progress on the piano requires daily practice. However, children usually need guidance from a parent to get the most out of their practice time. The Parent’s Guide will give you the information you need to become a successful Practice Partner and Coach to your child as they begin their journey into piano playing.
Unit 3 Contents (32 pages):
- Dotted Half Notes & Barlines Activity Page
- Rhythm Math Activity Pages (3 pages)
- Adding Chords to Listen for Bells
- Musical Alphabet Snake: Skipping Up
- Silver Birch Tree Sheet Music
- Skipping Musical Alphabet Snakes
- Tips for Sight Reading
- Sight Reading Examples: Steps & Repeats (2 pages)
- Counting the Beat Activity Pages (2 pages)
- F Major Pentascale Activity Page
- Musical Alphabet Snake: Skipping Down
- Sight Reading Examples: Steps (2 pages)
- FGABC on the Bass Staff Mystery Food
- Cuckoo for Left Hand Sheet Music
- Skipping Down Alphabet Snakes
- Cuckoo for Both Hands Sheet Music
- Musical Alphabet Towers Level 5: Skipping Up
- Adding Chords to Silver Birch Tree Instructions
- Grinding Corn Sheet Music
- More Rhythm Math (2 pages)
- Lesson 57: Melodic Dictation (2 pages)
- E Major Pentascale
- Musical Alphabet Towers Level 6: Skipping Down
- Love Somebody Sheet Music
Additional Learning Benefits of the Practice Album
Students can get a lot of value from reviewing old songs every day. It helps build confidence, musical memory, and agility. However, sometimes students can get bored of doing the same songs again and again, and it’s easy to start sounding sloppy with too many repetitions. This common problem can be easily solved with the Practice Album! Having a track to play along with encourages students to always keep a steady beat, and to play with precise rhythms. It will also help develop musical phrasing and expression.