Printables & Audio for Unit 6 will continue to build on the foundation laid in previous units, as students explore more advanced piano literature, pentascales and rhythms. The concept of the circle of 5ths is introduced, and the unit culminates with students being able to play all 24 major and minor pentascales. All 49 pages of music theory activity pages and sheet music were designed by Joseph Hoffman to reinforce, expand, and deepen the learning in each video lesson.
The Listening Album is another important part of the learning process, and is something that Mr. Hoffman asks his students to listen to every day. This album features fun and beautiful settings of all the songs students will learn at Hoffman Academy. By listening often to this album, students become thoroughly familiar with the music, enabling the lessons to progress at a faster, more confident pace.
The Practice Album features accompaniment tracks to play along with as you practice. This is a great way to make practice fun and musically fulfilling. Having a track to play along with encourages students to always keep a steady beat, and to play with precision and expression. Another benefit of the Practice Album is that is provides opportunity for a student to improvise, in other words, learning to make up your own melodies, spontaneously, on the spot. Using the Practice Album, students will get to explore the creative side of music making. Frequent practice with improvisation helps students to realize that music is a creative form of expression that they can engage in at any age and any level. Plus it’s a lot of fun!
The Parent’s Guide will provide you with instructions for making piano practice time effective and successful. Excellent progress on the piano requires daily practice. However, children usually need guidance from a parent to get the most out of their practice time. The Parent’s Guide will give you the information you need to become a successful Practice Partner and Coach to your child as they begin their journey into piano playing.
Unit 6 Contents:
- Listening & Practice Album Guides
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat Sheet Music
- D-flat Major Pentascale Activity Page
- Ties Activity Page
- Flats, Sharps & Enharmonics Activity Pages
- C-sharp Minor Activity Page
- Lady, Lady Sheet Music
- E-flat Major & Minor Pentascale Activity Page
- Missing Bar Lines Activity Page
- Missing Rhythms Activity Page
- F-sharp Major & Minor Activity Pages
- Harvest Dance Sheet Music
- Whole Rests & Half Rests Activity Page
- A-flat Major & Minor Pentascale Activity Pages
- Sight Reading Challenge Cards
- Au Clair de la Lune Sheet Music
- Subdividing Beats Activity Pages
- Eighth Rests Activity Page
- Melodic Dictation Cut-out
- B Major & Minor Pentascale Activity Page
- Transposing “Ode to Joy” Activity Page
- Kye Kye Kule Sheet Music
- B-flat Major & Minor Pentascale Activity Pages
- Question & Answer Melodies Activity Page
- All Major & Minor Pentascales Activity Pages