Like GO-Fish, but with Music Notes!
Included in PDF:
- Musical Gold Fish Cards
- Cheat Sheet
- Print double sided on cardstock and cut along the lines.
- Carefully study the “cheat sheet” to review the four different C pentascale notes on the staff. If you like, use the cheat sheet during the game to help you review the notes.
- Shuffle the cards well. Each player receives five cards. Put the rest of the cards in the middle in a pile faced-down in the fish “pool.”
- Each player gets a turn in clockwise order (to the player’s left)
- During a turn the player asks any other player if they have any of the five C pentascale notes. For example, the player may ask Maddie if she has a D. If Maddie has any of the four Ds, then she must give one D to the player. If Maddie doesn’t have any Ds, then she says “go fish.”
- When you “go fish” you take a card from the pool. If the player gets the card they asked for, either from the pool or from Maddie, then the player gets another turn.
- Whenever a player gets any two of the same letter during his or her turn, they set the pair face up in front of them. For example, if you already had a low D, then you picked up the treble D from the pool, you then get to place the pair of Ds down in front of you and you get another turn.
Winning the Game – Go Fish is over when one player runs out of cards or there are no more cards in the pool. The winner is then determined by who has the most pairs in front of them.