Take the Hoffman Academy Halloween Piano Challenge! Here’s how:
- Starting October 12, 2017, watch Mr. Hoffman’s new popular music lesson video, “Hedwig’s Theme.”
- Practice until you can play “Hedwig’s Theme” with no mistakes and your very best piano posture. For extra fun, play along with the backing track. Just click “Audio” under the view area of the lesson page.
- Record a video of yourself playing “Hedwig’s Theme.”
1. Start by introducing yourself and telling us how long you’ve been learning with Hoffman Academy. It should go something like this, “Hi! I am — years old and I have been learning piano online with Hoffman Academy for — months/years. I hope you enjoy my performance of “Hedwig’s Theme.”
2. We encourage you to play along with the backing track in your video. During the contest, a free backing track will be available for “Hedwig’s Theme.” Click “Audio” under the view area on the lesson page and play along.
3. You can even wear your Halloween costume if you want!
- Post your video on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter with hashtag #HoffmanChallenge by October 26.
- Tell all your friends and family to watch your video.
- Find out if you’ve won a prize on October 31, 2017.
Three Ways to Win The Halloween Piano Challenge
Take the challenge and you could take home some awesome prizes. We’ll award prizes in three categories:
- Most likes, shares, and comments on social media
- Best costume
- Best performance
The top video in each category will win a tote bag of Hoffman Academy swag, plus the GRAND PRIZE for best performance includes the choice of a $100 Visa gift card or $150 credit toward Hoffman Academy Premium.